Our little munchkin Reid has decided to profess his love to Mina and Mommy (and Ms. Erin, a teacher at school) is having a hard time with it.
Just shy of turning 18 months old, our little boy has found a girlfriend. Mina. Mina is a six month old in the infant room. She is new to the school and it didn't take long for Reid to get attached. Just the other day Mina was playing amongst other infants when Reid saw her, started calling "Mina, Mina, Mina...", walked over to her, bear hugged her, and planted a big, wet sloppy kiss on her cheek. From that moment, they were inseparable.
Ms. Erin witnessed this and was shocked. She thought she was his "school girlfriend." She quickly learned she had been replaced. She stood there as this was all happening in disbelief and then asked Reid (aka "Boo") to go and give her a hug and a kiss. Reluctantly he did but quickly returned to Mina. She could not believe it.
As you can imagine, after speaking to Ms. Erin about this, I was a little shocked as well. We all know Jayden is a charmer and has been into the ladies at school, but he is over the age of 3. Reid on the other hand, should not be this interested in the ladies. And Mina is only 6 months old...I guess he likes 'em young.
That night Reid and I had a long talk (well I had a long talk as he was playing). I was trying to ask him what he saw in this Mina baby. He wouldn't give me a straight answer but only call out (and look around for) "Mina"..."Mina." I told him he needs to understand that at 18 months old Mommy is his one and ONLY girlfriend.
August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment