Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

June 27, 2009

Proudest. Mommy. Ever.

I had to write about Jayden today as he has just melted my heart over and over. It was just Mommy, Jayden and Reid hanging out for a little while today while Daddy was playing golf. Jayden was playing as he usually does and came into the family room with his stuffed animal duck and little bottle. While I was feeding Reid, Jayden proceeded to sit down on the couch next to me and feed his baby duck the little bottle. So I asked if Jayden was going to burp the duck, and he did. I went to change Reid's diaper and Jayden came along to help me by providing the diaper. I then asked if he was going to change the duck's diaper. He looked at me and said "Mommy, he is a toy - he doesn't wear a diaper." I said "Jayden, you are right. Ducks don't wear diapers." He then went back to feeding the duck.

At lunch time, Jayden brought the duck to the kitchen table with the bottle and laid him down while we ate. As we were sitting at the table enjoying lunch, out of nowhere Jayden looks at me and says "you are the cutest girl in the world." Now I know he picks this stuff up from different places but to look at me and tell me this during the middle of lunch...my heart was in a puddle on the floor. I said thank you to him and he said I was welcome :)

At nap time Jayden took the baby duck to bed with him. He wanted to bring along the bottle too so he could feed the duck again. He said the duck needed to "eat a lot so he could grow up to be big and strong." As I was shutting his bedroom door, Jayden asked if he could feed the duck again. So he did as they snuggled together.
It just makes me so proud of how smart, caring, responsible, understanding, generous, mature, and loving he is. Wow are we lucky?!

No comments: