Mommy had a normal doctors appointment today. So expecting the usual weight check, blood pressure check and Q&A with the doctor, I was plesantly surprised when I actually talked to the doctor. I needed to get the standard beta strep test done. So naturally she noticed how swollen my feet and legs were. At this point, my blood pressure was also a little elevated as it has been at 2 previous appointments. So she examined me and said I was 2-3 cm dialated. I said..."What? Are you kidding?" Nope she wasn't! She asked if I have had any contractions and I said no, not that I have really noticed. She then said she wanted me on bed rest and to come back this Thurs to get checked out again and for them to monitor at my blood pressure. Higher blood pressure is definitely not good for Baby. She said if everything remains the same, she will fit me in on Monday, April 24th for delivery. If my blood pressure is down and everything else is still in tact, I will wait it out on bed rest until Baby H is ready to make his/her appearance.
So, experiencing all of these emotions by myself in the doctor's office I ran out to my car and immediately called Daddy. Daddy basically said..."What???!!!" And not a whole lot after that. I explained to him the situation and that Thursday would be an important appointment. I think we are both a bit shocked, excited, nervous, pretty much everything at this point.
So depending on how Thursday's appointment goes, Baby H might be coming EARLY!!!! I will post on Thurs after my appointment to let you know. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment